All Keyboard Shortcuts1.) Windows Hotkeys :
* Shift + F10 right-clicks.
* Win + L (XP Only): Locks keyboard. Similar to Lock Workstation.
* Win + F or F3: Open Find dialog. (All Files) F3 may not work in some applications which use F3 for their own find dialogs.
* Win + Control + F: Open Find dialog. (Computers)
* Win + U: Open Utility Manager.
* Win + F1: Open Windows help.
* Win + Pause: Open System Properties dialog.
* Win + Tab: Cycle through taskbar buttons. Enter clicks, AppsKey or Shift + F10 right-clicks.
* Win + Shift + Tab: Cycle through taskbar buttons in reverse.
* Alt + Tab: Display CoolSwitch. More commonly known as the AltTab dialog.
* Alt + Shift + Tab: Display CoolSwitch; go in reverse.
* Alt + Escape: Send active window to the bottom of the z-order.
* Alt + Shift + Escape: Activate the window at the bottom of the z-order.
* Alt + F4: Close active window; or, if all windows are closed, open shutdown dialog.
* Shift while a CD is loading: Bypass AutoPlay.
* Shift while login: Bypass startup folder. Only those applications will be ignored which are in the startup folder, not those started from the registry (MicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun)
* Ctrl + Alt + Delete or Ctrl + Alt + NumpadDel (Both NumLock states): Invoke the Task Manager or NT Security dialog.
* Ctrl + Shift + Escape (2000/XP ) or (Ctrl + Alt + NumpadDot) : Invoke the task manager. On earlier OSes, acts like Ctrl + Escape.
* Printscreen: Copy screenshot of current screen to clipboard.
* Alt + Printscreen: Copy screenshot of current active window to clipboard.
* Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow: Invert screen. Untested on OSes other than XP.
* Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow: Undo inversion.
* Win + B : Move focus to systray icons.
2.) Generic :
* Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert: Copy.
* Ctrl + X or Shift + Delete: Cut.
* Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert: Paste/Move.
* Ctrl + N: New... File, Tab, Entry, etc.
* Ctrl + S: Save.
* Ctrl + O: Open...
* Ctrl + P: Print.
* Ctrl + Z: Undo.
* Ctrl + A: Select all.
* Ctrl + F: Find...
* Ctrl+W : to close the current window
* Ctrl + F4: Close tab or child window.
* F1: Open help.
* F11: Toggle full screen mode.
* Alt or F10: Activate menu bar.
* Alt + Space: Display system menu. Same as clicking the icon on the titlebar.
* Escape: Remove focus from current control/menu, or close dialog box.
3.) Generic Navigation :
* Tab: Forward one item.
* Shift + Tab: Backward one item.
* Ctrl + Tab: Cycle through tabs/child windows.
* Ctrl + Shift + Tab: Cycle backwards through tabs/child windows.
* Enter: If a button's selected, click it, otherwise, click default button.
* Space: Toggle items such as radio buttons or checkboxes.
* Alt + (Letter): Activate item corresponding to (Letter). (Letter) is the underlined letter on the item's name.
* Ctrl + Left: Move cursor to the beginning of previous word.
* Ctrl + Right: Move cursor to the beginning of next word.
* Ctrl + Up: Move cursor to beginning of previous paragraph. This and all subsequent Up/Down hotkeys in this section have only been known to work in RichEdit controls.
* Ctrl + Down: Move cursor to beginning of next paragraph.
* Shift + Left: Highlight one character to the left.
* Shift + Right: Highlight one character to the right.
* Shift + Up: Highlight from current cursor position, to one line up.
* Shift + Down: Highlight from current cursor position, to one line down.
* Ctrl + Shift + Left: Highlight to beginning of previous word.
* Ctrl + Shift + Right: Highlight to beginning of next word.
* Ctrl + Shift + Up: Highlight to beginning of previous paragraph.
* Ctrl + Shift + Down: Highlight to beginning of next paragraph.
* Home: Move cursor to top of a scrollable control.
* End: Move cursor to bottom of a scrollable control.
4.) Generic File Browser :
* Arrow Keys: Navigate.
* Shift + Arrow Keys: Select multiple items.
* Ctrl + Arrow Keys: Change focus without changing selection. "Focus" is the object that will run on Enter. Space toggles selection of the focused item.
* (Letter): Select first found item that begins with (Letter).
* BackSpace: Go up one level to the parent directory.
* Alt + Left: Go back one folder.
* Alt + Right: Go forward one folder.
* Enter: Activate (Double-click) selected item(s).
* Alt + Enter: View properties for selected item.
* F2: Rename selected item(s).
* Ctrl + NumpadPlus: In a Details view, resizes all columns to fit the longest item in each one.
* Delete: Delete selected item(s).
* Shift + Delete: Delete selected item(s); bypass Recycle Bin.
* Ctrl while dragging item(s): Copy.
* Ctrl + Shift while dragging item(s): Create shortcut(s).
* In tree pane, if any:
* Left: Collapse the current selection if expanded, or select the parent folder.
* Right: Expand the current selection if collapsed, or select the first subfolder.
* NumpadAsterisk: Expand currently selected directory and all subdirectories. No undo.
* NumpadPlus: Expand currently selected directory.
* NumpadMinus: Collapse currently selected directory.
5.) Accessibility :
* Right Shift for eight seconds: Toggle FilterKeys on and off. FilterKeys must be enabled.
* Left Alt + Left Shift + PrintScreen: Toggle High Contrast on and off. High Contrast must be enabled.
* Left Alt + Left Shift + NumLock: Toggle MouseKeys on and off. MouseKeys must be enabled.
* NumLock for five seconds: Toggle ToggleKeys on and off. ToggleKeys must be enabled.
* Shift five times: Toggle StickyKeys on and off. StickyKeys must be enabled.
6.) Microsoft Natural Keyboard with IntelliType Software Installed
* Win + L: Log off Windows.
* Win + P: Open Print Manager.
* Win + C: Open control panel.
* Win + V: Open clipboard.
* Win + K: Open keyboard properties.
* Win + I: Open mouse properties.
* Win + A: Open Accessibility properties.
* Win + Space: Displays the list of Microsoft IntelliType shortcut keys.
* Win + S: Toggle CapsLock on and off.
7.) Remote Desktop Connection Navigation :
* Ctrl + Alt + End: Open the NT Security dialog.
* Alt + PageUp: Switch between programs.
* Alt + PageDown: Switch between programs in reverse.
* Alt + Insert: Cycle through the programs in most recently used order.
* Alt + Home: Display start menu.
* Ctrl + Alt + Break: Switch the client computer between a window and a full screen.
* Alt + Delete: Display the Windows menu.
* Ctrl + Alt + NumpadMinus: Place a snapshot of the entire client window area on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing Alt + PrintScreen on a local computer.
* Ctrl + Alt + NumpadPlus: Place a snapshot of the active window in the client on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing PrintScreen on a local computer.
8.) Mozilla Firefox Shortcuts :
* Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + PageDown: Cycle through tabs.
* Ctrl + Shift + Tab or Ctrl + PageUp: Cycle through tabs in reverse.
* Ctrl + (1-9): Switch to tab corresponding to number.
* Ctrl + N: New window.
* Ctrl + T: New tab.
* Ctrl + L or Alt + D or F6: Switch focus to location bar.
* Ctrl + Enter: Open location in new tab.
* Shift + Enter: Open location in new window.
* Ctrl + K or Ctrl + E: Switch focus to search bar.
* Ctrl + O: Open a local file.
* Ctrl + W: Close tab, or window if there's only one tab open.
* Ctrl + Shift + W: Close window.
* Ctrl + S: Save page as a local file.
* Ctrl + P: Print page.
* Ctrl + F or F3: Open find toolbar.
* Ctrl + G or F3: Find next...
* Ctrl + Shift + G or Shift + F3: Find previous...
* Ctrl + B or Ctrl + I: Open Bookmarks sidebar.
* Ctrl + H: Open History sidebar.
* Escape: Stop loading page.
* Ctrl + R or F5: Reload current page.
* Ctrl + Shift + R or Ctrl + F5: Reload current page; bypass cache.
* Ctrl + U: View page source.
* Ctrl + D: Bookmark current page.
* Ctrl + NumpadPlus or Ctrl + Equals (+/=): Increase text size.
* Ctrl + NumpadMinus or Ctrl + Minus: Decrease text size.
* Ctrl + Numpad0 or Ctrl + 0: Set text size to default.
* Alt + Left or Backspace: Back.
* Alt + Right or Shift + Backspace: Forward.
* Alt + Home: Open home page.
* Ctrl + M: Open new message in integrated mail client.
* Ctrl + J: Open Downloads dialog.
* F6: Switch to next frame. You must have selected something on the page already, e.g. by use of Tab.
* Shift + F6: Switch to previous frame.
* Apostrophe ('): Find link as you type.
* Slash (/): Find text as you type.
9.) GMail :
* Note: Must have "keyboard shortcuts" on in settings.
* C: Compose new message.
* Shift + C: Open new window to compose new message.
* Slash (/): Switch focus to search box.
* K: Switch focus to the next most recent email. Enter or "O" opens focused email.
* J: Switch focus to the next oldest email.
* N: Switch focus to the next message in the "conversation." Enter or "O" expands/collapses messages.
* P: Switch focus to the previous message.
* U: Takes you back to the inbox and checks for new mail.
* Y: Various actions depending on current view:
* Has no effect in "Sent" and "All Mail" views.
* Inbox: Archive email or message.
* Starred: Unstar email or message.
* Spam: Unmark as spam and move back to "Inbox."
* Trash: Move back to "Inbox."
* Any label: Remove the label.
* X: "Check" an email. Various actions can be performed against all checked emails.
* S: "Star" an email. Identical to the more familiar term, "flagging."
* R: Reply to the email.
* A: Reply to all recipients of the email.
* F: Forward an email.
* Shift + R: Reply to the email in a new window.
* Shift + A: Reply to all recipients of the email in a new window.
* Shift + F: Forward an email in a new window.
* Shift + 1 (!): Mark an email as spam and remove it from the inbox.
* G then I: Switch to "Inbox" view.
* G then S: Switch to "Starred" view.
* G then A: Switch to "All Mail" view.
* G then C: Switch to "Contacts" view.
* G then S: Switch to "Drafts" view.
10.) List of F1-F9 Key Commands 4 the Cmd Prompt :
* F1 / right arrow: Repeats the letters of the last command line, one by one.
* F2: Displays a dialog asking user to "enter the char to copy up to" of the last command line
* F3: Repeats the last command line
* F4: Displays a dialog asking user to "enter the char to delete up to" of the last command line
* F5: Goes back one command line
* F6: Enters the traditional CTRL+Z (^z)
* F7: Displays a menu with the command line history
* F8: Cycles back through previous command lines (beginning with most recent)
* F9: Displays a dialog asking user to enter a command number, where 0 is for first command line entered.
* Alt+Enter: toggle fullScreen mode.
* up/down: scroll thru/repeat previous entries
* Esc: delete line
* Note: The buffer allows a maximum of 50 command lines. After this number is reached, the first line will be replaced in sequence.
Some more shortcuts :
1) F1 Help
2) F2 Rename an item
3) F3 Open files
4) ALT+F4 Close window or quit program
5) F10 Activate the menu bar in a program
6) CTRL+ ESC open start menu, use the arrow keys to select an item, or TAB to select the taskbar
7) ALT+ TAB Return to previous program, or hold down the ALT key while repeatedly pressing tab to cycle through open programs
8) SHIFT+ DEL delete items permanently without sending to recycle bin
9) CTRL+ A Highlight all the items in window
10) CTRL+ C Copy
11) CTRL+ X Cut
12) CTRL+ V Paste
13) CTRL+ Z Undo
14) CTRL+ Y Redo
15) Home Jumps to the beginning of the page
16) END Jumps to the end of the page
17) ESC Stops the current page from loading
18) F11 Toggles full screen view
19) ALT+ LEFT ARROW Goes back to the previous page
20) ALT+ RIGHT ARROW Goes forward to the next page
21) ALT+ Home Goes to your Home page
22) CTRL+ N Opens a new browser window
23) CTRL+ W Closes the active window
24) CTRL+ O Opens the address book
25) CTRL+ R Reloads the current page
26) CTRL+ B Opens the Organized Favorites or Bookmarks windows
27) CTRL+ D Add the current page to your Favorites or Bookmarks
28) CTRL+ H Opens the history folder
29) CTRL+ F Finds text on the current page
30) CTRL+ A Select all
31) CTRL+ B Bold
32) CTRL+ C Copy
33) CTRL+ E Justify center
34) CTRL+ I Italics
35) CTRL+ J Justify full
36) CTRL+ L Justify Left
37) CTRL+ M Indent
38) CTRL+ Q Remove paragraph Formatting
39) CTRL+ R Justify right
40) CTRL+ T Margin release
41) CTRL+ U Underline
These keys combos can be used to do other operations:-
42) CTRL+ D Opens Font Dialog Box
43) CTRL+ F Find
44) CTRL+ G Go to page, section, line, heading etc
45) CTRL+ H Find and replace
46) CTRL+ K Insert Hyperlink
47) CTRL+ N Open a new document
48) CTRL+ O Open an existing document
49) CTRL+ S Save
50) CTRL+ W Close an existing document
51) CTRL+ Y Redo
52) CTRL+ Z Undo
Besides the alphabet keys, a combination of other keys also helps:-
53) CTRL+ LEFT ARROW Jumps one word left
54) CTRL+ RIGHT ARROW Jumps one word right
55) CTRL+ DOWN ARROW Jumps one para down
56) CTRL+ UP ARROW Jumps one para up
57) CTRL+ BACKSPACE Delete one word left
58) CTRL+ DELETE Delete one word right
59) CTRL+ PAGE UP To the beginning of the previous page
60) CTRL+ PAGE DOWN to the beginning of the next page
61) CTRL+ P Print Dialog box.